Saturday, November 1, 2008

Runes


On a side note to the Lilith work, I finished a set of Runes as part of the Dragon Rouge curriculum. The process was to spend a night in the wilderness under a tree in a Swedish ritual called 'Utesitta'. I went to the place in Griffith Park that I've used for a lot of ritual practice. It's got a great feeling to it, as well as an amazing view! I spent the night under an oak tree and in the morning, following the teachings of Castenada, asked it for permission to cut off a branch with my dagger.

All it took was some sawing and sanding to produce these. There's a a 24 rune set symbolizing the 24 paths between the spheres of the Qliphoth, and another seven Adul or Noble runes.

There's a lot more work to do still. The process of Rune creation is to Carve them, to learn to Read them, to Color them red, and then to test, to ask, to offer, to send and to sacrifice. More on this, (I hope!), to come.

No comments: